1 medium-sized head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 white onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt (plus more for seasoning)
1 quart vegetable broth
Cilantro to garnish
1. Wash and cut the cauliflower into florets.
2. In a tall soup pot, heat the curry powder and 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-low. This will allow the curry powder to “bloom” or draw out its rich flavor.
3. Add diced onion and 1 teaspoon of salt and sauté on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add cauliflower florets, mix together with other ingredients in pot.
5. Add vegetable broth; just enough to cover ingredients in pot. Note: you may not need the whole quart of broth, depending on the size of the cauliflower you are using.
6. Bring to a boil; at the point the soup begins to boil, turn back down to a simmer, cover and let cook 15 minutes.
7. Cool slightly before blending with your immersion blender. Taste for seasoning (salt and pepper).
8. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.