1 medium-sized head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 white onion, cut into small dice
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon salt (plus more for seasoning)
1 quart vegetable broth
Roughly chopped cilantro, to garnish
1) In a tall soup pot, heat the curry powder and 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-low. This will allow the curry powder to “bloom” or draw out its rich flavor.
2) Add diced onion, minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Sauté on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add cauliflower florets to the pot, and mix the contents together. Add just enough vegetable broth enough to cover the ingredients in the pot.
4) Once the soup has reached a boil, turn the burner down to a simmer, cover and let the soup cook for 15 minutes.
5) Cool slightly before blending with your immersion blender. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro before serving.
(Note: you may not need the whole quart of broth, depending on the size of the cauliflower you are using.)