Check in here to find news articles, school food resources, grant opportunities, recipes and more!
courtesy of Elyse Wood, The Lunchbox
1. Have you never sourced local food in your district, or just need a tip or two? Finding, Buying and Serving Local Foods, a monthly webinar series from USDA Farm to School, will get you up to speed. All presentations will be archived for later viewing. Catch it live to pose your own questions. These are also open to the public, so get informed!
3. Become a FoodCorps member! Applications are open from now until March 30, 2014. Be the next wave food education!
4. USDA proposes professional standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs. As of now the proposal would:
- Create minimum hiring standards for school food authority directors based on district's size.
- Establish minimum hiring standards for State directors of school nutrition and State distributing agencies.
- Require a minimum annual training for all new and current school nutrition professionals.