Awards and Honors
- WITS and Executive Chef, Bill Telepan, were selected as special guest presenters as part of the NYC Natural History Museum's exhibit, Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture
- WITS Executive Director, Nancy Easton, was honored with the Upper West Side's WESTY Award for Educator of the Year.
- Chef Telepan was awarded the Snailblazer of the Year award by Slow Food NYC for his devotion to fresh, sustainable ingredients at his restaurant and his dedication to improving school food through his work with WITS.
- Chef Telepan and Nancy Easton kicked off the EatSleepPlay Initiative as part of the Chef Series and Expert panel events at the Children's Museum of Manhattan. The EatSleepPlay Initiative was sponsored by the James Beard Foundation and included healthy cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs, which provided families with young children creative and fun ways to prepare simple recipes with fresh and affordable ingredients.
- Nancy Easton was selected as a Jury Member for the 2011 Design Leadership Foundation Competition. The 2011 competition brought together the brightest designing minds to envision a new school with a primary focus on nutrition, helath, and wellness.
- Nancy Easton and Chef Telepan were named 2011 LunchBox Heroes on Chef Ann Cooper's TheLunchBox.org.
- Nancy Easton and Chef Telepan were named 2011 Food Fevolution Heroes by Chef Jamie Oliver and his Food Revolution Team.
- Chef Telepan and WITS were selected as one of ten superstar chef and charity partner participants in the Food & Wine Chefs Make a Change promotion.
- WITS was recognized by First Lady Michelle Obama as a groundbreaking model for healthy school food during the first Chefs Move to Schools conference.
- Chef Bill Telepan was selected as an inaugural member of the Chefs Move to Schools Task Force.